This game has gone to the dogs - A Rant by Alex Lietz

Before post the famous rant, I wanted to request the permission of Alex, but then I thougth that could be even better make him a short interview so he could explain to us how was the time when he made the rant and how is he looking that today. Thanks Alex to allow us to recover your rant, that made many laughs (in the better sense) for many and that it's a small piece in the War Metal Story aswell.


Q.      Hello. Please, let’s present you to our viewers…
A.      Hello. My name is Alexander Lietz. My job is line maintenance at a warehouse that exports textbooks and a few other types of books, including Brady Games strategy Guides.


Q.      When did you start playing War Machine?
A.      I've been around for approximately 2 1/2 - 3 years. I joined roughly a week or two after Greg Holmes had passed away, I remember that clearly. Titans were the newest thing and the game still had an in-game newsfeed


Q.      so you started on June
A.      Yeah, it was right after my third semester of college. Damn, just realized how much time passed.




Q.      Why did you enjoy the FIRST time you played
A.      I think what I enjoyed most was the elephant hunt aspect; that aspect that has many people working together to take down these epics, such as the Titan and the Kraken. Those needed real teamwork and I appreciated that. The other aspect I enjoyed was PvP. Once I started chipping, I got into that HEAVY. My records show that I still fight and even with leaving multiple times I manage to keep a goodly record.


Q.      So... why did you leave first time you did it? (How many times did you leave btw?)
A.      I believe now I've left a total of 4 or 5 times for various reasons. Sometimes it was asshats and my immaturity showed. Twice it was out of sheer boredom, that was back before epics were released every month or two. I would chip, I'd get everything I needed, PvP would get boring so I left. I'd come back and whole new challenges waited me.
Q.      Yeah, that happened to many guys aswell.  So we are getting approached to your more celebrity left... the one where you posted the Rant
A.      Ah yes...



Q.      I am not going to ask why (then) since you explained there all... lmao


A.      Well I thought it was self-explanatory haha


Q.      But... I am going to ask you if, as you are now... would you do it again at that same stage in the time.


A.      I wouldn't. It fell on deaf ears the first time and I don't see why it would be any different the second. Also that's not who I am and how I operate anymore. Quite honestly, the politics of the game bore me and if people are having fun, who am I to say otherwise? I know something different is in me or else I'd not have come back this time.


Q.      Why did you come back after that apparently definitive leave?
A.      I missed the elephant hunting aspect and I missed some of my gaming friends. I don't talk to anyone, usually, but I missed them anyways. Being able to block the asshats from both FB and WM helped a LOT though and my return has been (mostly) peaceful.

Q.      Do you think would you leave again in a future?
A.      If you had asked a month ago I"d have said no, I'm quite happy here. Now I'm not so sure.


Q.      And what reasons make you say "I am not sure"
A.      Something I won't discuss publicly that occurred recently.




Q.      Well... I think you (generic you) never know what is going to happen tomorrow ^^
A.      True, very true. If I knew the future then I'd be a Stockbroker haha






Q.      Ok. Something else you could like to add to allow the WM Players to enjoy your old rant?
A.      I'd say take it with the grain of salt: I'm not that same person, I've grown up. The game has changed, mostly for the better (as far as the rant's contents) and so keep that in mind too. What I would encourage is to almost view it as history. It was part of the past and should remain there.


Q.      Great. Alex, thanks a lot by your time and thanks aswell for allow us to post your Rant.
A.      No problem.

This game has gone to the dogs - A Rant by Alex Lietz


Ya, you're gonna kill me for this. I mean you and anyone else who reads this. Here's the deal anyway.

For those who don't know already, I'm a known "traitor" "foul-mouth" "disgrace" "schizo" (all of these said by others). I'm also leaving this game. Why? Because of groups like Elite Misfits and people that just cause more stress than have fun. Know why they do it? Cuz it makes them feel better about themselves. They spend a good chunk of their lives on the comps, playing this game and doing whatever go "have fun" but in reality? They just make the rest miserable. You cross their path? Better just block the app right there, you're not getting up.

Is this relevant? Yes. You see, you won't recognize most unless you're a fairly high level. It's a pain to get CR but most that are in this group have the high CR, so you might as well kiss getting Xeno Singularis and Obsidian good bye. You're not getting those unless you farm dead accounts for a LONG time.

This isn't to mention the fact that dozens of players leave by the day. Why? Because what we have here is a conspiracy and a very well made one. Think about it, to those who have been here a while, a new Epic comes out, cool, yes. Ok, so it takes at least 300K just to get 1-2 Behemoth tokens, but almost all (save Anvil) cost at least 60, not counting Rage Behemoths that drop at a higher tier. Unless you spend zettamounts of money, you're not getting anywhere fast. Oh ya, and these high levels are the only ones who get in so luck to you on reaching level 150 before being pinned down.

Next thing to look at is, there are several updates for Tyrant (still play that, just to get my reputation up) that are being implemented soon (didn't keep a calendar on this). Now, I noticed that the new UI seems a slight bit slower than this Tyrant this card game. Why is this card game faster? Simple, either you're having a bad day in War Metal or Tyrant is on a faster, better server. This game is crumbling, folks.

Now, one final point. Should you make it through the gamut of fighting elitists, raging Behemoths (and other epics) and somehow pull through both, you're either gonna rock at epics and be doing a few each day/week, or you're gonna be a good fighter. Formation is key, but only if you joined up with a group do you get advice, or else you'll be roped in as a way to say thanks for the help. Good one! Can't wait for the next joke!

Point of all of this is, this game is going, going, soon to be gone. I'm leaving now due to personal reasons, and if someone posts them here then they're morons for that cuz that's my business and not yours. Why stay with a sinking ship? I don't see the point in it and I'm certainly gonna get out while the getting is good. A new epic that takes either forever or lines the Devs pockets with money from War Chips? Gee, anyone think that there's an end to this soon?

My name is Alexander J. Lietz, aka WM named Dragonslayer. I have borne witness to this all and I pass the knowledge onto you, the viewer. Peruse, make a comment, but keep one thing in mind, it's only a game and it will end.